5.26.2011

How would you pay?????

I have had many questions about how much would I pay for certain items.

One thing is all of us are at different levels of couponing.  Some will pay $1 for a tube of toothpaste when I will only pay a .25 or less.  So please remember we are at different levels, you may not be at the level I am but that is ok, you will be eventually :)

Here are a few ideals on how much to spend or not to spend....

My goal is to get as close to free as possible.  BUT there are times you are out of certain items and HAVE to buy them, so here is somewhat of a list...

Bar Soap $.25 or less I usually can get this free :)

Toilet Paper (dbl roll) $.30 per roll or less
Body Wash, Deodorant, Razors (disposable), Shave Cream, Toothpaste, Toothbrushes $.50 or less
Shampoo, Conditioner, Mouthwash, Razors (the great expensive razors)  $1 or less

Canned Veggies,Beans, Soup Cake Mix, Salad Dressing $.50 or less

Pasta,  Tub Frosting, Rice, Ketchup, Mustard $.75 or less
Spaghetti Sauce $1 or less
Cereal, Shredded Cheese (can be frozen) $1 or less
Peanut Butter, Jelly, Mayo, Fruit Snacks $1.00 or less


What are some of YOUR stockup prices??  Please leave a comment in the comment section I would be very interested in reading them and I am sure many others would be too.!!
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting this. I am new to doing a lot of coupons at one time. I have always used a coupon here and there for one or two items but never for 10 or more until yesterday. This helps me to know what I need to look for as coupons go and it a great starting tool :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How long do you keep cheese in freezer? Also have you ever frozen the block cheese? If so does it do ok and how long do you keep it frozen. I have a TON of shredded cheese in my freezer now. I got mine for $1.50 each, but living in the south (in the middle of nothing lol) that is the best deal I have found so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Anne, just started the whole couponing-it is fun saving! Just wish we had double coupons by us--we can only double 5 coupons, and only 2 days a week :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting this. I was tryin to figure it out as for how much I should be willing to pay for somethings. I am right there with you with the things you listed like toothpaste, i got 6 tubes for .23 each last week, and got 39 rolls of toilet paper for free with my RR at walgreens and coupons, Shampoo i found Pantene on closeout at Food lion for $1.99 each, I had four of the $3.00 off coupons when you bought two, so I got them for .49 each one. Now laundry soap I have 8 things of laundry soap that 6 i paid $1.99 for each and 2 that went on BOGO and I had two coupons so I got them both for $1. I have been doing couponing for the past month now and have learned things rather quickly I have spent a total of $239.56 and retails for about $1,343.91. But those include meat, but only meat that was BOGO or on really good sales. But i have one heck of a stock pile going on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Melissa....I freeze block cheese alot (I get it through WIC and need it to keep longer)and it does ok but does seem to be a bit more crumbly when using it. For recipes that call for shredded or crumbled cheese this work great but if you are looking to slice it for crackers or something not so much...hope that helps.
    Ami

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melissa,
    I'm not Amy, but I can answer your cheese question... :) We have frozen block cheese before and it tastes just fine. When you try to cut it (after thawing) it is a bit more crumbly but not too bad. It melts the same, too. If you have a vacuum sealer, you can use that to seal the cheese and it will last for 6 months to a year without problems. (We've pulled it out at about 9 months and it's been completely fine...but that was vacuum sealed.

    And Amy, thanks for your list...it helps to know if what I *think* is a good deal really is a good deal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have just been couponing for about 3 months.

    My kids LOVE juice (any kind) so if I can get juice for under $1.00 i'm one happy camper..... :) I just went to Gerbes and got the organic brand Santa Cruz juice for .25 cents each!!!!!

    Tina Struemph

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoy couponing also, but my family eats a lot of cheese and I can't always find a coupon or frequently don't have one. If you have an ideas how I could get more cheese coupons, I would appreicate your advice.

    ReplyDelete