4.05.2011

Money Saving Tips!


I know we have some newbie's to the blog and I just want to say Welcome to our Coupon, Money Saving World!  ;)

I love to save money in everyway. 

You can read about my Homemade Laundry Detergent HERE
You can also read about  my family's NEW Money Saving Project HERE

Now here is a NEW money saving project.
Every year my family has a LARGE garden.  I love to can our produce. ( A hands on canning class is in the works for this summer, for those who are interested )

Well, I am a little behind on starting our tomato seeds, but Kaelyn and I started them last night...


Add caption

My daughter Kaelyn.  She put potting soil in the trays ( I purchase the trays at Sunny Hill Gardens, these are a one time investment, because you can reuse these)  and is adding ONE seed to each individual section! She just make a small hole with her finger to place the seed in.  The seeds DO NOT need to be planted very deep.





I bought these tomatoes seeds as some of our tomatoes because these plants will have less seeds, which is great for when you can and make sauces.

The tomatoes are early birds, so they will produce early than others.


Our finished product!  On warm days I will set the trays out on the deck.  Otherwise the trays will stay in our sunny Dining room. 



So, are you going to plant a garden???




Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. quick question-can you use two manufacturer coupons on the same item, as long as it doesn't say "do not double" at the top?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No you cannot use 2 manufacturer coupons on ONE item.

    ReplyDelete