4.20.2011

My thoughts BEFORE TLC's Extreme Couponing show

Here are a few things to remember BEFORE tonight's TLC's Extreme Couponing show airs.

- This is TV.  That should say ALOT!

- This will be biggest shopping trip I have ever done and will ever do.  TOO stressful :)

- There is one product I purchased ALOT of BUT I didn't keep that product.  Many of my local couponers and I donate to a program in our area.  It is a backpack program through the local schools.
Low income students receive a backpack full of food on Fridays to take home for the weekend and then brings the backpack back to school on Monday.  I love this program!!  You can read about our March donation HERE!

- I love the grocery store I shop at!  This store is well stocked AND  has 2 or 3 displays of their specials for the week.  So, in saying that,  there was plentity of product in the store when I shopped for Extreme Couponing!  Which is great!!!  In fact one product was really HOT that week!!! 

I hope everyone enjoys the show!  I am nervous and excited about watching it.  I will explain more of the coupons I used later.  It wasn't anything fancy, just plain old couponing! :)

Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. I'll be watching thanks for the insight hope you had fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to watch it either! I really feel like it is possible when I see local people doing things. And not just randoms they pick to do a big production with. Our school also does the backpack program it is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't wait to see it. I am sure you are going to be great. I have had it marked on my calendar for 2 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. seen the clip . can't wait to see it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your donation to the THRIVE backpack program was such a blessing! The local children that are receiving this food are so lucky that people like you care about them and don't want them to be hungry when they aren't at school.

    Can't wait to see you on TLC tonight!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy - this will sound silly but what mousse do you use on your hair in this episode ? Love it !

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are awesome and if anyone believes you shop like that all the time then they are crazy. Sometimes you can find the awesome sales and sometimes they are not as great but in all in all you were great God Bless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this!!! I am really interested in doing this. I'm cutting coupons but by watching the shows I can tell I am definitely not cutting enough... I would love to know more tips.

    ReplyDelete
  9. PLEASE help me learn to do this GODS way! You were a blessing to watch!

    amerchantheart@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great show! Congratulations on your great shopping trip!

    ReplyDelete
  11. great show and great to see someone from this area on there saving money like that since we don't have a whole lot of places to shop at like the other people do. we don't have triple coupons or double up to 99 cents like so many seem to have.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the show tonight. I am trying to learn to do this myself but not having huge success yet. I am a stay at home mom also and we spend about $600 a month on grociers. I'm going to read your blog from top to bottom in hopes of learning how to save money and cut our monthly bill down to about $200. Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just wanted you to know, that some of us here in Perryville are still without power from the storms last night....but, my husband hooked up the generator today so we could plug in the essentials, the frig, the microwave and of course...the tv, so we could all watch you tonight. Loved it!!!!! You did fantastic and was really a breath of fresh air for us that don't get too extreme couponing. Thanks for all your help and inspiration!!!!!

    ReplyDelete