8.15.2011

What I was doing this weekend.


WOW! What a busy weekend.  I was worn out every night!!  Many of you know that I was looking for a dresser with mirror and nightstand for my daughters room, well, we had one gave to us!!  One of my husbands customers gave us the dresser and nightstand.  I forgot to take a picture of the dresser, but here is a picture of the nightstand when we got it..




Not really my style ;)  So, of course I decided to work some magic on it!  My daughter's bed is black, so of course I want the rest of the furniture to be black!  So, here is the nightstand now...



Isn't is BEAUTIFUL!!  LOVE IT LOVE IT!! The dresser is beautiful too.  So how much did this project cost me? 

Furniture:  FREE
Black Paint:  Already had it from another project
Primer:  $20.00 - but it will last through many many projects
Hardware:  now here is the best part.  We needed 16 handles and you know what handles are EXPENSIVE!  So, we were looking around at Lowes and then I decided to see if the clearance rack had anything on it.  Well, this beautiful handles were marked down to .85 EACH!!  Regularly $3.46 EACH

So we spent $13.60 on Handles!

Now I have to get my end tables and Buffet Table done next weekend!

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Wow!! That is awesome/beautiful!! Gives me some inspiration!! (and ideas to my husbands discomfort!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome Amy! I have become addicted to getting yard sale finds & repainting them. It"s so fun to see the way things transform! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great!! Good job!!
    Charlotte Mantia
    charmantia@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's beautiful! I really like the handles against the black paint.

    My husband and I are completely remodeling our house so we really love that Lowes clearance rack, too!

    ReplyDelete