8.26.2011

16yrs ago today

16 years ago today I married my best friend and soul mate.  David has been my sweetheart since I was 15 years old.

I remember when I was at church camp in 1992, the counselors told us to pray for our mate.  To pray exactly what we wanted in a spouse and to ask God to protect him and keep him close.   I had no ideal that my future spouse was someone who I had known since I was 9 years old.  We started dating that summer in 1992, and we have been inseparatable since.   We then married on August 26, 1995

We had no ideal some of the challenges we would face.  From sickness to other challenges.  But we stood together and kept our eyes on our Heavenly Father.  Only because of Jesus did we overcome these challenges. 

When we married we loved each other, but now we have a love that is so much deeper. 
He is a loving husband, and I know he loves me completely.  He is the world's greatest Dad.  He is always outside with the kids playing basketball, shooting bows and he even will sit down with Kaelyn and play with her "girl" toys. 

I am so thankful God gave me the best husband in the world!!


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. This is a great post. Thank you for keeping Christ at the center of your marriage.

    ReplyDelete