8.02.2011

Strawberry Bread

My family LOVES strawberries!  Infact I am dehyrating strawberry fruit rollups right now.  All fruit, no sugar and some great tasting fruit rollups in my dehyrator.

Also, Strawberry bread has become another favorite in my family's household.!

With strawberries being .99 this week at Aldi's you can make some strawberry bread!  Infact the bread will also freeze well, for a great treat in the fall or winter.

Strawberry bread

2- 10oz pkg. frozen strawberries, thawed - I used 2 cups of fresh crushed strawberries ( I crushed them in my food processor)
4 eggs
1 1/4 cup oil
2 cups sugar
1 TPSP cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
3 cups flour
 1 cup chopped nuts  ( opt) I don't like nuts in my bread. :)

**Also, I make a crumb topping for my strawberry breads and my banana breads.
flour, brown sugar and butter. I just chop up the butter with the flour and brown sugar and sprinkle on top of bread before baking :)

Combine strawberries, eggs, oil, and sugar in large bowl, mix well.  Add dry ingredients and nuts, stir until just blended. Spoon into 2 greased and floured loaf pans ( 5" x 9").  Bake a 350 for 1 hour or until bread tests done!


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. This is going to be sooooo good!!! Thanks for posting!!

    ReplyDelete