1.21.2010

My Testimony

I have many, many testimonies. But for my blog I am going to share the testimony on how I started couponing. I am fairly new at couponing since I just started June 1, 2009. I will never go back to NOT couponing. It has changed my way of spending and saving.

My story starts back on a Saturday night on July 12th 2008. My husband (David) started vomiting and had bad stomach pains. It lasted through most of the day on Sunday. By Monday morning his stomach wasn't hurting anymore, but he just didn't feel well at all. He was running a fever so, I took him to the doctor. Well, as usual we couldn't get in to see our doctor, instead we saw the nurse practitioner. No blood work was done and we were told he had the flu.

I called the doctor's office many times during the next 12 days. I told them he wasn't better and couldn't eat and just felt really bad. I was told this flu lasted a few days and he would be better in a couple of days.

On the 12th day, he vomited again and I said enough, we are going to the hospital. Within 2 hours of being in the ER, he had 3 tubes coming out of this belly draining infection out of him. The doctors didn't really know what had happened but they think back on that Saturday night his appendix had ruptured. We were told David was a miracle for living this long with all the infection that was in his body. He was in the hospital for several days. The doctors couldn't perform surgery because it might have kill him, so they put it off for 2 months. He had the surgery in late September and more infection was found. Another drain tube was put in after the surgery.

My husband is a complete miracle. He recovered completely, but he was so weak from the infection and losing 25 lbs in 12 days and then surgery. He wasn't able to work for about 4 months.

He is a self employed landscaper, so by the time he could work the season was over. We didn't get to save any money for winter and things got really tough by January.

Our cabinets were almost empty of food. I was crying out to God why why. Where are you? You know sometimes you wonder where God is and He's not just right there beside you, but He is actually holding you telling you I have you and I will give you strength.

So I said that is right. We don't have to live this way. Enough is enough. I got up and I started walking back and forth through my kitchen claiming. "Never again will my cabinets be empty BUT FULL AND OVERFLOWING" I repeated this over and over again. I said God give me the wisdom on how to make that happen.

Then in May 2009 on KFVS12, there was a woman on the world news part, talking about how she used coupons to save. She did a transaction. The grocery bill was for $90.00 and she paid only $17.00!!! I told my husband, THAT IS WHAT I AM GOING TO DO!!!

I filled myself with information about coupons. I wanted to know how to use them correctly to have the best savings.

And that is how I got to where I am today. I now get many many items free.

I teach coupon classes when I am invited and I always start the class with my testimony. I sometimes even get calls from people who have lost their jobs and need to know how to use coupons to keep their families fed. I love helping other people and giving them the knowledge and the power of coupons. I am able to give more because of all things I get cheap or FREE.

I give my God the Glory because without HIM I could not have accomplished this. He is my Savior, my Father, my EVERYTHING!!! We have been through many trials, David and I, but God brought us through. We are stronger and our faith is Bigger than it ever has been. I don't worry anymore because worrying is not trusting GOD!!! Many miracles have happened to us, but it is just the beginning. I am expecting the BIGGEST MIRACLES of our life daily. Our God is an everlasting GOD, He does not change, He is the same yesterday, today and FOREVER!!

Oh and by the way, one year later and my cabinets are FULL AND OVERFLOWING!!!
Infact they are so full and overflowing that we have added storage in the laundry room and basement!!!

2 comments:

  1. What an encouragement! =) This gives me so much hope....thank you for letting the Lord use you to be a witness and a blessing to others!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I just wanted to say that I think this is extremley a blessing sent from God for your family. I watched you on Extreme Couponing, my husband and I have a family of 6 and we are just getting started using coupons. I have yet to make my first shopping trip as I am gathering coupons. I was so excited to see that you lived near me, we live in Dexter! You are the closest couponer that I have found to my area so I am following your blog. I am in the midst of making our own blog. God bless you for all that you do!

    ReplyDelete