3.05.2013

Update: Homemade Dishwasher detergent







I post on my facebook page about trying a homemade dishwasher detergent.  I have been researching & researching for a recipe I thought would work for my household.  I like something easy and not many ingredients.  

One point I want to make is, we do have a water softner, so those of you with hard water might have to find a different recipe or add a couple more of ingredients.

The homemade detergent is getting my dishes clean and there is no residue on the glasses like I have read could happen.  Everything is coming out GREAT!  So, as of right now I am LOVING IT!

Now how much did this recipe cost???  Well, for me nothing because I had everything, plus it uses 2 of the same ingredients as my homemade laundry soap ( which I love!).

I made a small batch since I was trying it out....

1 cup Borax
1 cup Washing Soda
2 pkg. of unsweetened Lemonade koolaid ( you need to use the lemonade not any other flavors) These are the .10 pkgs.

Just mix all together.  I am storing it in a mason jar.  I use 1 TB of detergent for each load!

That is it!

So, hopefully I will continue to like it, because it is SUPER SUPER cheap!


No comments:

Post a Comment