4.16.2010

Money Saving Tip

I have been thinking about money saving tips and this is my latest one.

I have 3 boys and 1 girl. When they all get haircuts it cost about $40.00 ($10 each or so).

My friend Christy has cut their hair for years. So, thanks Christy, I have watched you and thought, I can do that, hmmm sort of. (BUT I will never be like Christy ;)

So, I bought a set of hair trimmers, that came with hair scissors etc...

My 8 and 10 year olds hair turned out great. Their hair is easy all buzzed except their bangs. Of Course Kaelyn's hair I just trim the ends.

THEN came Dylan's hair. He wanted his sides and back buzzed but the top scissored cut. Now I have NEVER scissored cut ANYONE'S hair except the bangs. SO, I told him ok, if I mess up I can just buzz it off.

You know what, it took me awhile BUT it actually look good. HE even liked it!!!

So, next I look at my husband and say "You're next" (and Christy you KNOW how picky David is about his hair)

I really didn't think he would let me cut his hair, but this weekend I am suppose to cut it. I will let you all know how it turns. ( hmmm, Christy he might have to come see you next week;)

So my money saving tip, if you have young children, try cutting their hair yourself. I spent $13.00 on trimmers. I also plan on cutting their hair MORE often since I have the trimmers. We just take a barstool onto the front porch and have a haircutting party!! :)

3 comments:

  1. EVENTUALLY THE BOYS WILL BE ABLE TO DO EACH OTHERS HAIR AS MY BOYS CAN NOW AND NOT ONLY DO I LIKE THE BUZZED LOOK IT IS CHEAP AND EASY

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been doing it for years! Started from hubby when we just got married and tried to save some $$$... His first haircut ended... by shaving it all totally! :) But over the years I got better and now I am a personal hairdresser for the whole family of 5 plus some relatives! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Amy, I have to giggle, but I totally understand. If I didn't do hair my family would prbably not get their hair done as often and I would not have highlights. Good Luck!!! Tell David to just close his eyes. If you become to good may have to use in the salon. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete