10.24.2011

Canning Deer Meat


I have had many emails and questions on how to can deer meat!  Well, it is very simple and I have to thank my friend Misty for sharing this with me a couple of years ago!

I cut my deer into bite size pieces and then I cover with water for a couple of days.  ( this helps draw the blood out ;)  I drain the water a couple times a day and replace with more water.

When I am ready to can this is my process.... ( make sure your jars are ready by having them hot, I usually run my through the dishwasher)

1.  I cook the meat on the stovetop in water for about 15 minutes.
2. I then ladle the meat into the jars and add 2 beef bouillon cubes to quart jars or 1 cube to pint jars.  I then add add the juice from cooking the meat until about 1 inch from top of jar.
3.  Place sterile lid and cap on Jars. 
4.  Place in Pressure Canner for 90 minutes - you HAVE to use a Pressure Canner for meats!

The beef cubes take the deer taste out of the deer.  We usually use the meat as Kettle Deer, or in soup or chili!  :) 

Do you have any vension recipes you would like to share?  Please share by making a comment or email me at blessingsncouponing@hotmail.com  



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. would you share on how to make laundry detergent, and thank you for sharing what God is giving you and teaching. Be blessed ~ Joanna

    ReplyDelete